A few years ago, Jamie was riding with a (much younger) friend who made the comment......and I quote....
"dude, I hope I can ride like you at your age!"
Needless to say, that stung a little and Jamie derived great motivation for all of his riding that season from this comment. Jamie even went so far as to tape the letters "AYA" to his stem on his bikes. Just a good old fashioned piece of motivation, a carrot if you will! Something to strive for! Jamie has grown used to being the oldest one in our cycling group, my oldest child, etc....AYA was just a brutal reminder of this fact everytime he got on his bike.
Yesterday, Jamie celebrated his 40-somethingth birthday (I can't totally rat him out!) and I think he's great at any age!! Yes, some days I want to kick him in the shins for micromanaging me and the household and generally, just driving me NUTS.......but I still love him with all my heart!
Jamester, you are my best friend, confidant and companion of many years and, with any luck, many more to come. I can only hope to be the object of your sweet affection, caring and kindness at any age (AAA).
Happy Birthday Jamester...............you're forever my oldest child!
5 comments:
AOA it should be! at our age...haha. Happy Bday Jamester! I thought about you all day! I went waterskiing this year for my bday, and you were jet skiing. Not bad for OUR age! love ya! Glo
Happy Birthday Jamie! Nice tribute from your smoking hot wife. Feel the love!
Rachelle
We love you Jamie! We're all getting up there!!! You're probably in better health than most guys 10 years younger! Hope to see you in Hawaii next year!
Post again already!!!!!!!!!
happy birthday. and my husband feels the same! He has a sensitive ego right now. He seriously got mad at his 14 year old last night for teasing him about getting hurt the last time they played basketball. Poor guy. ha
Post a Comment