Sunday, December 7, 2008

I confess

ahhh december begins!  The greatest time of year, the craziest time of year....here goes!!  I know it's only the 7th, but I predict I will go under before Christmas.  Time will tell.  
With that being said, I have a confession.  I never realized this before, but it was sometime this week that I realized I am a 'screener'.  Say it isn't so!  
Normally, I am thrilled when the phone rings, being a talker and all.  But lately, more often than not, I am truly unable to get to the phone.  I hear the phone, then if I can find the phone, t I check the caller ID.  "who could it be".....'what could they be calling for"...."oh , i love them , but I will call them back".  That's about how it goes.  I hate to admit it, but many of you (if anyone reads this) have probably been screened out this week. (I might add, in my defense, that I have spoken to many this week without screening too!!!)

 Let me just say right here, right now, that I LOVE and ADORE my friends and family and love to visit with you, so please don't take it personally.  I will always be there for any of you, it just might take a second for me to get to the phone.  Just know that if I can't get a shower, i most certainly am unlikely to get to the phone. Admitting that i am a screener is difficult for me as I used to give my friend Nan grief for screening, and now look at me.  Maybe it's just a phase, maybe I won't always be a screener, but for now I am "one of those" and I am sorry!

With this confession I also leave a PROMISE that IF you leave me a message...I WILL call you back.......

after I catch a shower!

Love you!  


3 comments:

tibiker said...

It makes perfect sense now. All these years when you've said to me "oh, I just didn't have my cell phone with me" I was actually getting screened. :)
Love you honey.
me

Anonymous said...

you learned from the queen of screening...in fact, YOU bought me my first answering machine if I recall, so you could at least leave messages!!!! Relax and enjoy December! Who cares if you get anything done!

DeAynne said...

Whit: I am glad that I am not the only one. I have made a committment to my kids that between 3 and 6 I won't be on the phone. There is just too much chaos. Anyway, love you tons and hope that you are well and happy. Merry Christmas.