It appears as though I have completely given up on blogging. I have been a complete lazy blogger and admit it. My dear sister/ friend gave me the greatest gift this year for my birthday which was a book edition of this blog. Worthy of publication, no, not really, but truly the greatest gift!! I pledged at that moment to do better at keep up with our day to day operations and sharing them here for future editions of this book!
I blogged on this very day last year and truly, it seems like it was just yesterday. This very day last year I was counting up 13 reasons why I was still madly in love with my cute husband! Once again, here I am....only now 14 years have passed since we married. In my perusing of the anniversary cards I found one that said this " If we were monkeys, I would pick the bugs out of your fur" (open card) "If we were bugs, I would help you hide". I giggled and promptly purchased the card. Inside the card, I felt somewhat compelled to add to the list, but instead am doing so on this blog.
If you want to do LOTOJA, I will ride the whole thing right by your side (ok, in your draft, but you get this picture).
If you are sick and puking, I will get you a bucket and pray for your speedy recovery! (I don't do puke!) :)
If you must hit a deer while driving, I will applaud your decorum and driving skills in keeping us all safe.
If you need me to back the car down to the boat ramp, I will remember not to run you over (and remind you to turn the boat off!:))
If you carry the Christmas tree upstairs, I will take it from there (mr. grinch!).
If you are tearing up while watching our daughter sing in church, I will share my tissue with you (if I had one. I had mascara running everywhere!)
If ANY more of our kids want to play soccer, I will make sure you are not their coach! (I love you that much!)
If anyone is dissing you to me at the office Christmas party, or elsewhere.......I'll remind them that you're my main man and consequently, they are full of crap!
If you get the crazy notion to do Leadville again, I will try my best to do it too!
I won't tell anyone how much you love our puppy! (or make you surrender your man card!) To me it's just a sign of your tender heart, and I love that!
If you plan a guys trip to go biking, I will not plan a retaliatory strike, even though I might joke about one!
If you buy another mustard colored biking jersey, I will gladly give you my honest opinion about it.. (lovingly, of course!)
If my bike shoes stink to high heaven from a wet spring I will NOT leave them in the house or any contained space so as to soil the air. (follow my lead here babe!)
If I get some crazy idea to host something, someone, or volunteer to be in charge of something, I will let you talk me out of it!:)
If you want to take me off to a warm beach-like destination.......I would go with you!
If you want tickle my back while I drift off to sleep......I will let you!:)
Jamesta, you are my best friend and partner in crime. I'm sorry that I always have to try to join you because I cannot beat you. I just like being part of the action vs. watching it! I love the life we have built together and the adventure that it is every single day! I thank you for standing by me, believing in me and still loving me! (you do still love me right?) I pray these last 14 years haven't felt like dog years baby!!! I love you the most! Happy Anniversary!
1 comment:
What a great couple you guys make. Glad we are friends, because we love to party with you.
Post a Comment