Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Do you believe in magic?


Four years ago Jamie and I learned that we had "magically" conceived our fourth child. We were elated......... once the initial shock wore off. (anyone who was there for those first few months is now laughing out loud)! Little did we know, the magic wouldn't end there.




Halloween 2007, Noah (#4) was attempting to open a package of candy only to find it was already open to which he exclaimed "MOM.....I'm magic!!!" This became the family joke everytime he was able to effortlessly open a mini pack of starbursts in the month of October. Then came the day when he came upon the package that wasn't cooperating. "MOM, I am NOT magic" he growled! From there we stepped up our efforts to help him reaffirm his belief in his magical abilities. Jamie's favorite trick, pulling things out of Noah's ears , remains the ol' standby. When something is lost, Noah comes running to us to help him pull it 'magically' from his ear! In fact, Noah just walked up to me and said, "MOM, what's in my ear?"..........(a little help here Jamie)...I quickly surveyed my desk and produced a paper clip from his ear. Not exactly the candy he had pouring out of there last night, but it will have to do.
Maybe it's not healthy to let him continue to believe that he is magic, but if you could see his face and hear his voice you would know that he truly believes in his magical powers. Anyone who has ever heard him laugh or seen his mischievious smile would also believe in his magical powers that melt your heart! I love you little scuttlebutt!!! (i don't know where that name came from, but it stuck!~ sorry buddy!)











...


any of you bloggers out there who want to help me figure out how to arrange my photos?

6 comments:

tibiker said...

I have tears in my eyes everytime I visit the blog. What a wonderful little family we have. I am the luckiest (blessed) man in the world.

Abigail said...

Noah is just a little angel..man he kills me at how cute he is!

Jill said...

ahhh. Still remember when he was my baby.

Danae said...

Thanks for inviting me. I look forward to more posts.

Palmer Family said...

Hey Whitney! Love reading your blog. I can't believe it's been 4 years since Noah was born!! He is so sweet.

Allison Palmer

I am pregnant again..:)

Anonymous said...

now THAT is my Noah! just click and drag the pics...sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!