Saturday, January 12, 2008

my short list

My short list............my short list isn't so short! It usually includes a honey do list at least 5 years old, the undying wish to furnish my home, finish my basement, fix the hole I put in the wall while carrying a night stand upstairs by myself, paint the corners where my kids run and scuff them daily...blah blah blah blah!!! This past week my father lost his only sibling to pneumonia, a dear friend lost her sweet mother in law (i know oxymoron, but so true) and in the end I found my short list......still in the back of my mind , to be truly full of minutia. Little things that really mean so little! Sad, but true, that it takes a sad, almost tragic turn of events to heighten my awareness of this, but the only thing that really matters is family and those loved ones we choose to call family! I am so grateful to have these 4 little bodies to destroy most things within their reach and attempt to drive me completely insane daily! I am equally grateful for those adults in my life who let ME drive THEM nuts daily! (you know who you are.....!) As I listened to friends eulogize their mother/mother in law this week, I walked away praying that I could do better at the little things that mean MUCH! I will put that on my list!~ Does any of this make sense? It has been swimming in my head for days! So for today, a long past due entry to 'the blog', no pictures, just babbling!

As for my short list? It will continue to get longer and the hole in the wall will likely stay until my kids are old enough to fix it themselves, the garage will always be a mess and the basement will likely never get finished!! And that is OK with me! I Love you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jill said...

It's amazing how much confidence it gives your kids to know they are your top priority. Good for you.

Trisch said...

Amen Sister! I keep looking at all the scuffs on my walls and I just reassure myself that they will still be there years from now when Maddy goes out to make her way in the world. For now I am going to enjoy every minute! (o.k. almost every minute sometimes I have to pray for patience)