Kendall was baptized on June 7th. It was a beautiful day among family and friends. Everything went so smoothly, and she just oozed a sweet, loving spirit. While I am not good at articulating how overwhelming it is to watch your child make the choice to be baptized, I must say this is the epitome of a pure heart. I was so touched by the whole experience. I absolutely love watching her as she conitnues to strive to do what is right.
Kendall is my second girl. She continually reminds me that she is my 'baby girl'. She is my shy, quiet, calculated child who has a weeee bit of a temper on her. (I just wanted to be realistic!) But what I love is her sweet demeanor (most of the time) and the quiet stares I frequently get from those enormous blue eyes. I have wanted so badly to capture those eyes, and that stare on film... in her baptism dress........for so long. (For whatever reason, I waited for her to get a haircut first. Oh wait, she hates doing her hair.........just tuck it behind the ear and go!)
So beautiful, so simple, so uncertain of her own beauty on the inside and the outside. I only pray that as her mother, I can embrace that essence each day and let Kendall know how very much she is loved! I love you my sweet baby girl!
5 comments:
What a beautiful young lady Kendall has become. She has a twinkle in her eye that tells you how special she is!!
Man that girl is beautiful! Such cute photos. I have been waiting for the "baptism" post. I was SO sad I coudln't be there!
Darling post. Darling girl.
PS. Do you want me to show you how to do a link on your blog? Not that I'm an expert or anything...I'm just saying.
wow!!!! love the pics AND the feelings from you. I want to hug and aqueeze her right now!
I was kind of hoping you would have had her pictures taken in her new soccer uniform.
Post a Comment