Monday, August 25, 2008

Oh Happy Day!

Did I just say that out loud? It came out wrong! Well, you know........school started today so for me it was a bittersweet kind of happy day!


Let's just say it has been a long, very fun summer with a super messy house 98% of the time and bickering kids in the background a good portion of the time too! whew! I am ready for some peace and quiet and some crowd control. Careful what you wish for..........


This year P-man is starting Kindergarten finally, and will be there all day. This is definitely the bittersweet part. Although he takes great delight in griping at me and all, he is truly a momma's boy and deep down I know I love that about him! I love that he hates to leave my side because I know it won't last so I must savor the moment. He was so excited this morning, he who sleeps until 9, and was up and dressed by 7:30. We'll see how tomorrow goes!! Oh how i love that boy!


As for the girls....this was the bitter part. As usual, we are taking part in the annual first day of school photo shoot and it was GONE! No matter how hard I tried........GONE.......what is gone you ask? That twinkle in their eye when they are so excited to being going back to school.



GONE!!

Anyone who knows Kendall will see that the twinkle is obviously absent this morning! So,so sad! And so young. What a shame. Sierra was just happy to be in front of a camera ............but surely the twinkle in her eye is unrelated to any of today's events!

And, Noah.....we took his picture too, just so he didn't feel left out.

Oh happy, bittersweet day!

4 comments:

Happy Heidi said...

As I trooped through a store today ready to shoot myself, a lady passed me and said "school starts soon!". I said "I'm counting the minutes!" But oh so sad. Carter is my mama's boy - I'm wondering if there is full-day preschool for Matthew, though. Just kidding - he'll be so different when he isn't bickering all day with his brotha.... Miss you!!!

DeAynne said...

I love the routine of school, but I hate the rushed mornings and afternoon homework. Ugh. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Your children are beautiful. Love you and miss you.

Anonymous said...

Are you having so much fun alone with Noah???? I am seriously all aone this year and NOT as sad as I thought I's be!

Danae said...

I will admit that I am a calmer person when the kids are in school! Cute pix...