So, I know I start almost every post with an apology for not posting often enough, but this time I have a decent (not good, but decent) excuse........We went to Disneyland!!!
What was special about this trip is, it has been planned for months and our children had no idea, nadda, zilch, zip! As far as they knew, we were taking them to "this is the place park" one Saturday morning for an afternoon of fun and Halloween festivities. Little did they know that Jamie and I had stealthily packed the car with their clothing and goodies for the airplane and were sneaking them off to the airport.
The morning went smoothly as most do.......haha! and we finally got everyone in the car and ready to go the 'park' only 25 minutes behind schedule! We drove for some time and when we started approaching the airport, the questions began.
Q: "Mom, are we going on a trip anytime soon"
A: "maybe, we just need to run in and grab something"
Q: "Why are we at the airport"
A: " I don't know, daddy, why are we here?"
Q: from daddy- "if you could go on a trip, where would you want to go"
A: K- Disneyland, N-Colorado (ok, we're getting warm)
Jamie and I were so excited to deliver our big surprise............................(drum roll)
"actually, we are going on a trip.........to Disneyland.........TODAY!!"
Squeals and screeching ensues from the second seat (Sierra, Kendall), Noah has no clue.......Kendall is overly concerned about having clean underwear and clothing for the trip...Sierra figures out why the Thule box is on top of the car and the tears of joy begin to flow! I believe they were truly surprised! YEAH for mommy and daddy.
Parker, however........is pissed!
"You said we were going to 'this is the place'........you TRICKED me!!!! I am NOT getting out of this car! You lied to me!!!" Seriously? Is this really happening? " I don't like it when you TRICK me!" " I am not going".
After about 5 minutes of persuasion from Daddy, Parker joins the family for a fun filled vacation at the "Happiest place on Earth"..........
our babies.....refillable diet coke cups that lasted the whole trip! precious cargo!
(Jamie and I joked about how it was Diet Coke prison.....if you wanted one, it was $3 for 20 oz......it's a long very expensive day at that rate! Then we found the nectar at a fountain in Downtown Disney! ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!)
A wonderful time was had by all!!! We met the Kener family at the airport after they pulled a similar TRICK on their kids! We had a blast! The weather was 80's each day and beautiful! It was a fun year as Noah was able to go on almost all the rides. More puketronic action for mom and dad! Oh goody! I really do love Disneyland! After 3 days and a weeks recovery.......I can finally tell you about it here!
enjoy the photos!
my night owl party animals! The girls and I closed down the park!
A favorite was the Trick or Treat party at California Adventure! Lot's of fun!!
best sign of a great trip.........sleepy kids!
2 comments:
Sounds like FUN! Tell P-man that I didn't like surprises when I was little either. I think I had the same reaction the ONE time my parents threw a surprise birthday party for me!!
so jealous
Post a Comment